This guide was developed to assist you through the commercial and industrial permit requirements and procedures in the City of Stow. It is hoped that this booklet will simplify and expedite the process of obtaining a permit and scheduling inspections.
The guide is a general outline to City procedures and requirements. Specific or technical questions should be directed to the appropriate City Department, or referenced through the building code or City Ordinances.
Codes and ordinances are adopted to provide minimum standards for the protection of life, limb, health, property, environment, and for the safety and welfare of the consumer, general public and occupants of buildings.
Safety is achieved through proper design and construction practice and a code administration program which verifies compliance.
We all rely on the safety of the structures that surround us. The public need for protection from disaster due to fire, structural collapse and general deterioration of buildings underscores the need for modern codes and their administration.
- An Introduction
- Chapter 1 – Commercial/Industrial Permit Information
- Chapter 2 – Planning and Zoning Requirements
- Chapter 3 – Building Requirements
- Chapter 4 – Engineering Requirements
- Chapter 5 – Construction Documents
- Chapter 6 – Plan Requirements
- Chapter 7 – Public Utility Information