Check out the latest issue of the Senior Newsletter, which is published bimonthly by the Stow Parks and Recreation Department. The newsletter highlights the current programs and services for active senior adults 55+. To register for most programs in the newsletter, contact the Parks and Recreation Department.
Community Bus Trip information can be found in the Senior Newsletter. Community Bus Trips are Open to All Ages!
Registration for the 2024 Newsletter Subscription is OPEN! You will need to subscribe annually to get the newsletter mailed to you.
Annual Subscription Fee: $5.00
Trip & Program Registration
Stow residents have the first opportunity to register for our senior programs and trips, when the season opens.
How to Register
- Online at stowohio.recdesk.com
- In person
- Over the phone
Priority for Taking Online Registration
On your registration day, priority will be as follows:
- Online and in-person registration have the same priority (there is no wait time if you register online)
- Over the phone registration will have second priority
To Register Online, You Will Need
- Basic knowledge of the internet
- Unique Username and Password. Please call the Parks and Recreation office to get set up in our system.
- Ability to make payments via credit card through the website.
- Pay convenience fees on all transactions
- Online registrants must pay via credit card and convenience charges will apply for all online transactions.
PLEASE NOTE: The front office staff is unable to help you navigate online registration on registration day. If you encounter a problem online, please come in or call to register.
Resident & Nonresident Registration Fees
Some programs will have DIFFERENT fees for residents and non-residents. The resident rate will apply to those who reside in the City of Stow.
Inclement Weather Policy
During inclement weather, activities may be cancelled. To find out if your class or activity is being held during these times, please contact the following:
- Parks & Recreation Weather Hotline: 330-689-5105
- Parks & Recreation Main Office: 330-689-5100
It is best to call just prior to your program's scheduled time. Program cancellation decisions are made independent of school district closures, except for those programs held in school facilities.
Don’t delay in registering for a program or trip. Some programs fill quickly or minimum numbers must be met in order to hold an activity. If the Stow Parks & Recreation Department must cancel a program due to low numbers you will receive a full refund of program fees.
If you must cancel your registration due to any reason, including illness, appointments or change of personal plans, you must submit a refund request at least seven days prior to a trip or program. Refunds are given only if no expenses/ticket purchases have occurred. Approved refunds by check incur a $5 processing fee. Approved refunds applied as program credit will be for the full amount.
Any cancellations within 7 days of the activity Do Not receive credit or refund.
You may always allow someone to take your place in the program with the exception of free programs that have a current wait list.
Additional Bus Trip Policies
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pre-registration is required & full payment is due upon registration. No holds.
- Trips include transportation and admissions. Meals are not included unless noted.
- Return times are approximate so please allow for additional time.
- Our staff is happy to assist you with basics whenever possible if you are travelling alone such as, if you need assistance retrieving your mobility device, or accessing the lift. (You must have a mobility device if you intend to use the lift.) If you require special assistance boarding, de-boarding, climbing stairs, or walking any distance, or of a personal nature, you should travel with a personal care attendant as our staff will not provide that level of assistance. A personal care attendant MUST also be registered for the trip. Please inform us of your intentions regarding these needs when you register.