- Stow Arts Commission Projects
- City of Stow Arts Commission Traffic Box Art
City of Stow Arts Commission Traffic Box Art
Phase III of the Traffic Signal Box City Beautification Project
The Stow Arts Commission is providing an open art call. The commission is seeking proposals from artists to provide artwork for vinyl wrapping of electrical traffic signal boxes. Each box varies in size and design (vents, access doors etc…) but are an average of 60 x 40 x 27 inches.
Fifteen boxes throughout the City will be added with this addition of Phase III.
Upon acceptance, each artist will be assigned a box and the measurements. They will also be made aware of the printer’s digital file requirements. Artists are encouraged to physically go look at their assigned box to ensure their content fits appropriately, taking in to account location of vents, handles, etc.
- Artwork may be panoramic around the box, or four separate images on each side of the box.
- We are seeking bright, vibrant and colorful art.
- Two dimensional paintings, drawings, designs and digital art will be acceptable submissions.
- The submitted art will be digitalized and screened onto vinyl, which will be wrapped around the boxes.
The hard deadline to apply for this time sensitive project is by 5:00 pm on March 10, 2023.
The selection committee will review completed applications (see application materials below) and notify selected artists, via email, by March 20, 2023.
- March 10, 2023 5:00 pm: Deadline for submission
- March 20, 2023: Artists notified via email
- April 14, 2023 12:00 pm: Final digital art due to Up Front Art
- June 23, 2023: Installation complete
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applications are open to North East Ohio artists.
- Artwork must be in a two dimensional medium.
- Artwork must be bright, colorful, and visually appealing from a distance.
- Artwork must be deemed appropriate for public, family-friendly viewing.
- Artist agrees to donate their artwork.
- Artist agrees to donate ten signed, 8” x 10” prints of their artwork. The Arts Commission intends to sell those signed, donated prints, to raise money that will be contributed to a grant for a Stow resident.
- The City will have ten 8” x 10” prints produced to be sold, with 100% of the sales going to the Arts Commission Grant Fund.
- City will contract with printer to print artists’ work on vinyl and install on traffic signal boxes.
The completed application must be received by 5:00 pm, March 10, 2023, in order to be considered.
Traffic Box Phase III Submission Application