The City of Stow provides a RESIDENTIAL CURBSIDE LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM for Stow residents. This longstanding and very popular program assists residents in keeping yard waste material out of their regular trash and reduces the amount of waste going into landfills. If you have any questions regarding the leaf pick up program please call the City of Stow Street Department at 330-689-2742.
The Leaf Pick Up Program for 2017 will continue on past the originally scheduled dates until we are forced to change over equipment for ice and snow:
District 1 Nov 13-17
District 2 Nov 20-22
District 3 Nov 27-Dec 1
Dates may vary due to inclement weather, amount of leaves that fall, and equipment availability due to unforeseen breakdowns. ***There is a possibility that leaves on your street may be collected before your scheduled collection week if crews have finished early in another area; however, City crews will be back on your street on the scheduled week to ensure that all leaves are collected.***
Leaf Pick-Up Districts:
NORTH of Graham Road and EAST of Rt. 91
NORTH of Graham Road and WEST of Rt. 91
SOUTH of Graham Road
Printable District Map with zones
This program is separate from Kimble’s Bagged Leaf Pick-Up Curbside Collection Program.
For information about Stow’s Brush Drop Off Program, click here.
- The City of Stow will pick-up your loose leaves that have been raked into piles at your curb or in the tree lawn, during the six (6) week period in the fall. The City will attempt to make two passes down all streets in Stow during the six week rotational program.
- Your leaves must be on the curb by 7:00am on the Monday of your scheduled week to ensure collection. Crews work weekdays, 7:00am and 3:30pm. After a street is completed during it’s scheduled week, crews will not make special trips back to get leaves that are raked out after crews pass by.
- To assure pickup, have your leaves raked out to the edge of the street, Not in the street. Avoid raking leaves near catch basins, culvert pipes, into ditches or into the road. Wet leaves on the road pose a safety hazard for vehicular traffic. No leaves containing branches, brush, grass clippings or debris will be picked up.
- Rake leaves into loose piles, either onto the tree lawn or next to the roadside ditch, and well away from obstructions such as parked vehicles, trees, street signs, fire hydrants, mailboxes, and streetlights. Crews will not rake around cars parked in the street. (If cars are in front of the pile, crews will skip that address.)
- In the event of inclement weather, crews may fall behind. Every effort will be made to pick up all leaves raked to the curb.
- The City will NOT pick up bagged leaves. (Read about Kimble’s Bagged Leaf Pick-Up Curbside Collection Program).
- SAFETY TIPS – Children should NEVER play in leaves piled on the roadside. Motorists, as well as leaf crews, cannot see children hidden in leaves. Please respect the work area and keep clear of leaf collection operations.
- There is a possibility that leaves on your street may be collected before your scheduled collection week if crews have finished early in another area; however, City crews will be back on your street on the scheduled week to ensure that all leaves are collected. In addition, weather conditions and the timing of the leaves falling may delay the program, but City crews will do their best to adhere to the published schedule.